Tuesday, November 18, 2008


A pretty mellow week out and about on the lovely Big Island. It started out with me making a nice long trek to Makalawena last monday, which definitely seems longer than I remember it. I walk it at night, which has its pros and cons, but I think I favor it better than the hot sun of the day. I have a very small chance of being picked up by someone but it is very cool even chilly the later in the walk it gets. Surf picked up once I moved north a bit and I found a bodyboard at Kua Bay on one of my water runs to Kua Bay which was a nice mix up for stuff to do. I got in a couple of dives this week at Otec and Puako, which felt gret to get back into the diving since I haven't been breathing underwater in about two weeks. I should of mention it last week, but I did finally, after two years, finish The Brothers Karamazov and it is definitely the greatest and most enjoyable piece of literature I have ever read in my life. I then read As I Lay Dying this week and it was pretty solid but seemed much like a short story since getting off the Dostoevsky band wagon. I am almost through In Our Time by Hemingway and then onto Cormac Mcarthy's first novel The Orchard Keeper. Well her are some shots for the week, enjoy ;)

No comments: